Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The first step.

Being Social

Well, it begins. It's time I began to document the ongoing internal dialogue in a useful and public manner. So, here goes:

I find it extremely disturbing how subtly social media has woven itself into my feelings of social worth. Do I really care how many "likes" my last post got? Do I want do be caught up in adding up all my "+1"s?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: I think a distributed sense of social worth is at least as valid as my condensed and local sense of social worth. Especially in these days of internationally distributed business models and professions. My reach across the 'net directly impacts the weight of my presence in local events and politics.

I guess this means I have to take my posting and responses seriously. By seriously I mean less seriously. By that I mean honest responses that take into account my own views and the fact that if I'm not having fun I won't keep it up.

Hello Internets. It begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment